5043 South Bluebird Terrace
Lecanto, FL 34461
Residence: (352) 419-5644
Mobile: (386) 566-9175
Senior IT Infrastructure Strategist and enterprise consultant with over 46 years of IT experience. Areas of expertise include IT infrastructure architecture, IBM POWER Server, BladeCenter and server/storage configurations, IBM VIO Virtualization. Microsoft Windows Server, VMware, UCS hardware. Proven competencies include, IBM hardware and software, leading highly focused IT Subject Matter Experts in Enterprise Architecture Assessments, and building dedicated technical teams to address a customers’ IT needs both present state and future direction. Working with, building and sustaining customer relationships.
Authored several technical documents on in house virtualization, IBM lpar performance issues, report on enterprise architecture assessments, storage policy documents, database policy and overall enterprise compute policies.
Creating IT solutions based on requirements. Follow solutions to the end state. Analyzing customer IT needs and providing short and long term recommendations. TOGAF method IT Enterprise Architecture assessments, Data Center Operations emphasizing ITIL practices. Enterprise Architecture Project Lead, IBM eConfig® configurations specialist, IBM POWER with IBM i and AIX solution design, including IBM BladeCenters, high end storage, XIV and V7000. Migration expertise, IBM pSeries p4, p5 and p6 to POWER7 and POWER8. AIX performance and tuning, nmon analysis, hmcScanner analysis. Wintel perfmon experience. SharePoint configuration. Server build document creation for AIX lpars, virtual servers running Windows Server 2012r2, SuSe and Red Hat Linux.
Gulfstream Aerospace A General Dynamics Company providing world-class aircraft to the business community.
From January 2013 to December 2017.
IT Infrastructure Architect/Infrastructure Engineer
• Architect IT solutions for the business, include server and storage configuration, network connectivity and server monitoring.
• Authored technical papers on overall enterprise compute, storage, databases and virtualization.
• Review changes to the environment via membership to the Change Advisory Board (CAB), watch
for changes that affect other projects within the enterprise.
• Attend weekly Problem Management meetings to review the past weeks incidents and suggest
better ways to approach problems for resolution.
• Present technical solutions to the Architectural Review Board (ARB) and the Gate Review Board
• As Infrastructure Architect part of project teams such as, IBM 770 870 Migration, Internal Incident
Tracking software replacement, and Cisco networking access software replacement.
• Providing expertise to all projects that touch IBM hardware and has an IBM software component.
• Create enterprise standards for compute, virtualization, databases and storage.
• IBM POWER8 performance monitoring with nmon, pgraph and various software tools such as
Solarwinds and Foglight for VMWare configurations.
• Performance monitoring for EMC VMAX, VNX and IBM XIV storage arrays.
OnX Enterprise Solutions Ltd. (formerly) Agilysys TSG Inc. An IBM Business Partner Providing IT solutions for all aspects of an IT enterprise.
From January 2006 to July 2012.
Senior Solutions Architect
• Provide Enterprise Architecture consulting to large-scale customers, reviewing all aspects of their IT enterprise and providing recommendations for the immediate, three year and five year time frames.
• Project manage Enterprise Architecture reviews, coordinating SMEs and customer personnel.
• Subject Matter Expert for eConfig, IBM’s configuration tool to provide technically accurate solutions
to customers. Completed approximately 3200 configurations to date.
• Experienced with IBM System Planner.
• Consult on Lotus Domino engagements.
• Accompany Account Executives on pre sales calls to provide technical support for IBM POWER solutions.
• Provide nmon performance analysis for customers.
IBM Corp. (formerly) SOFTSWITCH/LOTUS SOFTWARE/ A hardware and software company. 1993-2005
Senior IT Specialist
Provided Field Support Services and Emergency Onsite Support.
Developed and implemented World Wide Field Support offerings, which resulted in providing customers with a greater array of IBM services.
AIX Performance and Tuning Domino Server Infrastructure Review Domino Security Review Domino Statistical Analysis Troubleshooting Domino Server using NSD
• Assisted customers with planning, installation and configuration of IBM software, which helped customer administrators with their daily work.
• Planned for NT to AIX migrations for Domino, that assists customers in their migration plans.
• Developed and implemented a UNIX 101 education class allowing non-UNIX administrators to
become familiar with UNIX commands and terminology.
• Installed and configured messaging gateways and switches to further enhance the IT infrastructure.
• Developed migration plans for customers needing to migrate from Lotus' LMS/Data General
platform to the LMS/AIX platform. (Lotus Messaging Switch formerly SoftSwitch EMX, Enterprise
• Developed disaster recovery and failover plans for AIX based email switches.
• Created presentations for customers on how to use Lotus tools to troubleshoot Domino Server
crashes on AIX and Windows platforms.
MARTIN MARIETTA INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Orlando, FL . Information Services Company. 1987-1993
PC Support Manager
Managed six people supporting PC communications and PC software. Administrator of the Soft-Switch X400 PC gateway.
• Designed and implemented several PC/Host applications for Martin Marietta customers directly resulting in renewal of commercial data processing contracts.
• Designed and developed a PC based front-end dial up system for the U.S. Treasury. The dial up system was a major influence on the decision by the Treasury to contract with Martin Marietta for Information System services.
• Created a PC based front-end dial up system for the entire Martin Marietta dial up user base. System was created to support a migration from SprintNET's Public Data Network to CompuServe's Network Services. Allows users to dial up their mainframe electronic mail from the home, office or hotel. Provided a consistent platform for users and supporting personnel.
• Produced a mainframe based system-using VM/REXX for Martin Marietta Customer Service representatives to log their calls and to produce weekly reports. This allowed management to better track how and what calls were being answered.
• Designed and developed a PC based system to monitor Netview communications lines. Allowing support personnel to react quickly to outages.
• Developed and managed a Personal Computer Support Center to provide end user PC support for Martin Marietta internal and external users.
• Implemented a Technical Support Electronic Bulletin Board System (BBS) to support the Martin Marietta dial up community. Making dialup information readily available to the user community.
• Implemented a cooperative PC and mainframe based ONCALL facility for the Martin Marietta Orlando Data Center. Command Center personnel were now able to see on call personnel immediately.
• Implemented a nationwide SYMON messaging display system throughout Martin Marietta Data Centers and offices.
• Created a testing matrix for all PC communications packages to be used when changes to the mainframe systems are made.
• Created classes and taught Simware's SimPC classes to Martin Marietta customers.
• Specified and justified hardware/software PC systems in support of growth and changing demands
of the Martin Marietta Customer Service department
VM Technical Lead. 1984 - 1987
Technical leader for Customer Service to respond to problems with the IBM VM Operating System environment.
• Provided technical support for users of the IBM mainframe running VM.
• Provided support for other customer service personnel.
• Subject Matter Expert in the IBM VM Operating System.
EDUCATION and PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
IBM POWER and Lotus sessions at POWER/STG conferences and Lotusphere IBM Dynamic Infrastructure training, Rochester, MN
Performance and Tuning classes for AIX, version 5. IBM, Austin, TX
AIX System Administration, Orlando, FL
Domino R5 certification classes, Orlando, FL
Introduction to Project Management, IBM, Charlotte, NC
Domino and HTTP, Lotus, Wayne, PA
Coursework in Computer Information Sciences, Daytona Beach Community College
IBM Certified Technical Sales Expert - Power Systems with POWER7 - v1 07/27/2011
IBM Certified Technical Sales Specialist - Power Systems with POWER7 and IBM i - v1 07/27/2011
IBM Certified Technical Sales Specialist - Power Systems with POWER7 and AIX - v1 10/21/2010
IBM Certified Solution Advisor - Cloud Computing Architecture V1 07/29/2010
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert - Power Systems with AIX 08/28/2009
IBM Certified Specialist - High-End Disk for Open Systems Version 1 08/25/2009
IBM Certified Systems Expert - Virtualization Technical Support for AIX and Linux 05/08/2009
IBM Certified Systems Expert - Enterprise Technical Support for AIX and Linux 04/17/2009
IBM Certified Solution Expert - Dynamic Infrastructure Technical Leader 03/10/2009
IBM Certified Specialist - Dynamic Infrastructure Energy Efficiency Technical Design 03/10/2009
IBM Certified Specialist - Dynamic Infrastructure Virtualization and Consolidation Technical Design 03/10/2009 IBM Certified Specialist - Dynamic Infrastructure Business Resilience Technical Design 03/10/2009
IBM Certified Specialist - Power Systems Technical Support for AIX and Linux 02/06/2009
IBM Certified Advanced System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 8 01/22/2009
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 8 01/21/2009
IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 8 01/19/2009
IBM Certified Specialist - System p Administration 06/02/2008
IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Commerce V6.0 05/14/2008
IBM Certified Specialist -- System p Technical Sales Support 04/14/2008
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert -- pSeries HACMP for AIX 5L 10/04/2007
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert -- IBM System p5 2006 10/04/2007
IBM Certified for On Demand Business -- Solution Advisor V2 07/26/2007
IBM Certified Systems Expert -- IBM System p5 Virtualization Technical Support 06/21/2007
IBM Certified Deployment Professional -- WebSphere Commerce V5.6 01/31/2007
IBM e(logo)server Certified Systems Expert -- pSeries Enterprise Technical Support 09/15/2006
IBM Certified Systems Expert -- eServer p5 and pSeries Enterprise Technical Support AIX 5L V5.3 09/15/2006 IBM Certified Specialist -- eServer p5 and pSeries Administration and Support for AIX 5L V5.3 05/25/2006 CLS - Maintaining Domino R5 Servers and Users 07/01/2002